New Hope Borough residents are reminded of the following rules/policies regarding snow removal:
- Where off-street parking or a driveway is available, no vehicle may be parked on any Borough roadway during a snow or ice storm until the Borough has plowed or deiced the full width of the cart way.
- Per Borough Code (Ch. 233, Article I) - Streets and Sidewalks, Article I: Snow and Ice Removal:
- Snow removal contractors and property owners may not deposit snow or ice from private properties and driveways onto public streets. Snow and ice may not be placed in such a manner as to obscure the visibility of a fire hydrant or to obstruct or impede access to a fire hydrant.
- Property owners are responsible to remove snow and ice from sidewalks and pedestrian walkways within 24 hours after the end of a snowfall or freezing rain.
- Penalties for violations range from $50 to $300.
- Streets owned by PennDOT are plowed and maintained by the State. For a list of state-owned roads, visit the Roads page.
The cooperation of all Borough residents and businesses is greatly appreciated during winter storms.
Tips for Clearing Snow
- Wait until the snow plows have made a first pass before clearing your driveway. Be sure snow piles are located to the right of your driveway. This way, less snow will be re-directed into the driveway with each passing truck.
- Clear your sidewalks and curbs. Neighborhood children need safe access to schools and bus stops throughout the winter months. Clearing your sidewalk helps children travel to school safely.
- Be patient. State, county and Borough crews will work around the clock, if needed, if ensure all roadways are cleared as quickly as possible.