- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of each month
- New Hope Borough Community Room
125 New Street
New Hope, PA 18938
Executive sessions are held prior to the regular meetings at 6 p.m. in the Borough office building at 123 New Street. Workshop meetings are held at 4 p.m. on the first Monday of each month in the Community Room. Meeting dates and times are subject to change.
The public is encouraged to attend and to participate fully at all public meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Alison Kingsley, President
- Connie Gering, Vice President
- Laurie McHugh, President Pro Tem
- Dan Dougherty
- Ken Maisel
- Peter Meyer
- Tina Rettig
New Hope has an elected 7-member Borough Council which plays a central role in borough government. Council sets policy, enacts legislation, adopts budgets, controls expenditures, appoints advisory commissions and boards, and hires employees. Council members are elected to four year terms, with either 3 or 4 members up for election every two years.
Council elects a president, vice-president, and president pro tem from its ranks. The president, in cooperation with council, establishes standing committees and makes appointments thereto. These standing committees generally consider all matters pertaining to a particular area of public policy, such as land use regulation, historic preservation, or recreation, and make recommendations to the full council.
The New Hope Mayor, Laurence D. Keller, has several roles:
- The Mayor works with the Police Chief to set police policy and work rules and is responsible for emergency proclamations.
- The Mayor attends council meetings and generally votes when there is a tie.
- The Mayor also represents the Borough in local functions and events and may perform weddings.