New Hope Borough
Building & Zoning Permit Application Procedures During the Stay at Home Order
Effective April 27, 2020 until further notice
Permit Application Submission: Mail and Email Submissions Preferred
New Permit applications shall be submitted to the Borough as follows:
- Via US Mail, FedEx, UPS or other mail delivery service
- Electronic submissions - Permit applications and plans shall be scanned (PDF) and not
pictures (JPG) of the permit documents. Pictures of permit applications and plans will not be accepted. All electronic submissions shall be sent to JoAnn at email@example.com AND the firstname.lastname@example.org shall be copied on all submissions.
- Simple permit applications not exceeding 8 1⁄2 x 11 and not more than 10 pages, may be delivered utilizing the Drop Box outside of the building. Email preferred.
- In person delivery of any plans or permit applications exceeding 11x17 shall be by appointment only and be delivered outside of the Borough administration building. Contact the Building Code Official directly for scheduling and arrangements. Electronic copies of the plans shall also be submitted with the paper copies. This can be by email, thumb drive or CD.
- For more information or questions, contact JoAnn Connell at 215-862-3347 ext 151, or via email at email@example.com or the Building Code Official via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Permit forms: www.newhopeborough.org/1314/Building-Permitting-and-Licensing
Payments for permits shall be as follows:
- Checks shall be sent via US Mail, FedEx, UPS or other mail delivery services. In person delivery of checks can be dropped off anytime in the Drop Box outside of the building. If using the drop box, please indicate on the envelope it is for a permit andthe permit address.
Picking up Permits/Permit delivery
Receiving the approved permit package shall be as follows:
- Simple Permits 11x17 and smaller will be scanned and emailed to the applicant after payment has been received and processed.
- Permits and plans greater the 11x17 will be returned to the applicant in person, by appointment only, and after payment has been received and processed. This shall be scheduled with the Building Code Official.
Construction Building Inspections Procedures as of May 1, 2020 Until Further Notice
Click here to download a PDF of the Scheduling and On-Site Safety Guidelines for Construction Building Inspections.
Download this notice as a PDF
This notice is in accordance with guidance from the Pa. Office of the Governor, which can be read at the link below:
Issued 04-23-20 GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY PERMITTED TO OPERATE DURING THE COVID-19 DISASTER EMERGENCY INTENT The virus that causes Coronavirus 2019 Disease (COVID-19) is easily transmitted, especially in groups.