Scheduling and On-Site Safety Guidelines -Effective 5/1/20 until further notice
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com.
Please leave a contact phone number, permit address of the type of inspection wanted.
- Via phone to JoAnn at 215-862-3347 ext 151. There may be a delay getting a scheduled date if leaving a voicemail. Email is preferred and highly recommended.
- Please provide as much advanced notice for the inspection as possible. Preferred a 48- hour notice.
The issuance of a permit is per this condition: “Under the Covid-19 disaster emergency, the
Borough approves the permit subject to the permittee’s adherence to and compliance with all safety measures and other state ordered guidelines as set forth in the Guidance for Businesses in the Construction Industry Permitted to Operate during the Covid-19 Disaster Emergency issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on April 23, 2020. Failure to comply with the safety measures as set forth by the Commonwealth will result in an immediate shut down of all construction.” The state guidance can also be found on the borough website.
Additional Guidance for On Site Inspection Requirements for existing or new permits:
Commercial Projects - The state guidelines must be followed at all times during the inspection and all workers having face coverings on at all times.
Residential New Construction - The state guidelines must be followed at all times during the inspection and all workers having face coverings on at all times.
Residential Alterations/Additions (occupied structures) -
- All occupants and/or workers must have face coverings on regardless if it is an inside or an outside inspection at all times.
- Limit the number of occupants and/or workers inside the building or work area duringthe inspection when possible. Examples- going outside, waiting in a vehicle, a separate closed room, on a separate floor not in the inspection area, etc. Enclosed area
inspections - Only 1 person shall be present in the “work area” during the inspection.
- A minimum of 6’ social distancing shall be maintained at all times during the entire inspection.
Any deviations of the safety requirements may result in losing your inspection time and needing to reschedule. These guidelines are for your safety as well as the inspector’s safety.
Permit forms: www.newhopeborough.org/1314/Building-Permitting-and-Licensing
Click here to download these instructions as a PDF.